Checklist for Submitting Nominations
- Have you read the guidelines for
Proposal & Selection of Candidates
and the relevant
- Do you know that members of the medal committees are not eligible
for that medal for 2 years after stepping down from their service?
- Did you check whether previous honours were received from
EGU/EUG/EGS by the person you are nominating and that they
are compatible with your nomination?
- Are you submitting a joint nomination? If so, are you aware of the
implications? It is possible to award recognition shared between
individuals; in such a case the relevant recognition will not subsequently be
awarded for as many years as the number of recipients exceeds one
(two years for two recipients, three years for three recipients etc.).
- Did you check the nomination letters, support letters and CV meet the
requirements and do not exceed the maximum length?
- Does your nomination letter clearly explain why the candidate
deserves this recognition, in particular does it focus on the candidate's
scientific contributions to the field, their importance, their impact on
the discipline and their implications for the future?
- Did you make sure that support letters are written by individuals
other than the nominators?
- Did you check whether supporting letters clearly establish the
nominee's recognised contribution to the field?
- Did you prepare all the documents in PDF format and combine them into a single file (e.g., PDF, ZIP, TGZ or RAR format)?
- Do you have EGU membership for the current year?